Monday, April 14, 2014

Burning Up, Supernova



It itches beneath my skin, begging
Begging to break loose, burning fire
burning fire in the pit of my gut
I can trace the violent pink fear, in my veins
the fear in my veins
I can taste bitter sorrow
the bitter sorrow at the base of my skull
I'm trapped here & I can't seem to break free
Break free from thick anxiety, frustration
Frustration like a black tar in my brain
I hope I'm not stuck in this pit forever...

_____________________________________________________________

I wrote that while I was at work the other day. Needless to say, not the best place to work right now. I'll keep the details to myself since no one likes to hear work complaints. Oh well, at least I can get a little bit of writing inspiration while I'm working up a perspiration. I need some sleep. I haven't slept very much the last three days, and I feel like my body is collapsing in on itself.

More to come, soon. :)

Cheers!
Ashley D. Nichols
The Nocturnal Bablatrice

No comments:

Post a Comment